Monday 27 October 2008

OK.

I'm over "sex on fire". I think I had a nervous breakdown last week, with that song at the centre of things. I think I embraced the horrific meaninglessness of that song, and enjoyed it. A little too much.

This week I am afresh from breakdown, and listening to Windy and Carl. Deerhunter's new album finally got a release this week. I'm meant to be reviewing it for No Ripcord, but I genuinely find the album impenetrable in many respects. I didn't realize until today that certain songs were not sung by Bradford Cox. I thought that he had just honed down his singing voice. I'll give the review a blast anyhow. I've said since June that the album and show I saw in Glasgow confirm my opinion that Deerhunter are perhaps one of the best bands in the world right now. 

This week will be productive. This week will be productive. This week will be productive. 

No comments: