Tuesday 23 September 2008

churches and sheds.

One step closer to finishing the album.

Churches are fantastic places for recording. I can't say that I am religious, but I do hold respect for certain elements of the Christian faith. Without fully involving oneself with formal religion itself, the reverent air of churches is incredible, and mitigating, amongst the intensity of the inner city.

Owing to this, I can work uninterrupted for hours amidst the silent, austere reverie of Viewforth Church. I think within perhaps 3 or 4 more sessions, the album will be 95% complete.

There will be a song posted, here, within the next week - recorded at Sacred Heart church on Lauriston Street. It was intended to subsist on its own, and I may record 4 more to form a separate EP.

Thanks for reading, if you did.

1 comment:

HETTY said...

I did, and you're welcome. I'm excited to hear this. It's been a long time coming!